I am sorting out a practical work wardrobe after a change in size, and I keep mixing up two separate decisions: whether a garment fits well and whether its color works near my face. The fit is fairly easy to check in a mirror. Store lighting makes color harder to judge. A charcoal jacket seems useful, yet several shirts I already own make my skin look dull when I wear them with it. I want to make the clothes I own work before buying more pieces. I have been reading about
color analysis and comparing those notes with ordinary fit advice, but I still need a simple test I can repeat at home. Would you start with two shirts in daylight and photograph them against the same neutral background? I am especially unsure about navy versus charcoal because both seem sensible on a hanger. I also wonder whether a warmer cream shirt would be more helpful than stark white. If you have narrowed a wardrobe this way, which observations actually helped you choose repeatable colors rather than just picking the outfit that looked best in one photo? I would appreciate a low-cost routine so I can keep fit and color decisions separate while I make a short shopping list.