I am trying to make my wardrobe smaller, and I would rather understand which colors I actually wear well before buying anything new. I pulled a few familiar shirts from my closet. The same blue looks calm next to my face by a window, but oddly harsh under the warm bulbs in my room. It is hard to judge a color from one quick glance. I have been reading about
personal color analysis as a way to give these comparisons some structure. I would keep each fabric in the same position. I can do a careful comparison in daylight this weekend. I would place a few fabrics near my face, keep the background neutral, and take notes instead of trusting a single photo. Would you start with muted and bright versions? I could record the clearest differences in a notebook. I am also unsure whether to include makeup, since it might change the result I am trying to observe. I would like a method I can repeat later. If you have tested colors this way, what did you look for in your face and eyes, and which differences were too subtle to trust? I want to keep the pieces that work, not replace everything. Any practical order for the comparisons would be appreciated.